|Email JideVCardDownload CV|
Jide Lanlehin is a versatile and exceptionally gifted advocate who is a specialist in very serious criminal cases. He has established a successful practice undertaking a variety of cases involving Mortgage Fraud, Money Laundering offences, Confiscation, Murder, and Rape. He has appeared as a leading junior counsel in the Crown Court in a number of these cases.
He also receives instructions in Employment Law cases i.e. Unfair Dismissal and Racial Discrimination, Immigration and the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal.(SDT).
JL is qualified to conduct cases under the public access provisions of the Bar Council. He has experience in conducting SDT, Immigration, Employment cases under the direct access scheme.
JL also has considerable experience of undertaking historical appeal cases to the Court of Appeal Criminal Division or the Criminal Cases Review Commission.
He started his career at the Bar training at Tooks Chambers (chambers of Michael Mansfield QC) where he did his first six months pupillage before proceeding to Cloisters, 1 Pump Court (David Turner-Samuels QC) for his second six months training.
Notable Reported Cases
R v Olawaiye & others  EWCA Crim 1925 (6 December 2009) Sentencing guideline case in Gun Crime case
R-v-Kartal  EWCA Crim 1987 (15 July 1999) Successful appeal against conviction – Excessive judicial intervention of defence counsel cross-examination and Article 6
R-v-Olawuyi (acting as leading junior)- Multi-handed Conspiracy to Rob
R-v-Olaniyi (acted as leading junior) – Multi-handed Fraud Case
R-v-Ottley (acted as leading junior) – Multi-handed drug importation
R-v-Ogbonna (led by leading Junior) – Multi-handed drug importation and Money Laundering case.
R-v-Seun(led junior) -Multi-handed Mortgage Fraud.
R-v-Kabia(led Junior)- Home Office deception case.
R-v-Gbadebo (acted alone-CoD had QC) – Multi-million Benefit Fraud
R-v-Reeves (led by QC) minimum tariff for murder reduced from 22 years to 19years
R-v-James Olanrewaju IPP dangerousness lifted on appeal against sentence
- Member of the Criminal Bar Association.
- Member of Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Member of Society of Black Lawyers
- Member of British Nigeria Law Forum
- Friend of Haldane Society of Socialist Lawyers
- Friend of European Lawyers for Democracy and Human Rights
- Winner Ashe Lincoln Public Speaking Award (1993).
- Winner Esso Petroleum Bursary Award (1992)
- 2000- part- time lecturer – Inns of Court School of law- criminal law- court of appeal- professional ethics..
- 2002- obtained IATC certificate to teach Advocacy for Bar students and Barristers.
- 2002-2006- lecturer at BPP Law School- advocacy, conference and negotiation skills.
- 2006-2007- taught crime, tort, administrative law for undergraduates on LLB.
- 2010 – present- External Advocacy Assessor for the Crown Prosecution Service
- *Lectured Student nurses at City University in Tort Law.
- 2012-Qualified to assess Higher Rights Advocacy Certificate candidates.